Are you leaving for a vacation trip along with your family or friends? Everyone gets excited upon hearing the news regarding a drop in airfares over the past few years. But at the same time, it is very alarming that airlines have imposed fees that cause you to pay a lot more than you will save from the airfare. Now a day, ticket prices just include the fee to take flight from your hometown to the destination. Any upgrades like a better seat, checked luggage, use of inflight WiFi can only be attained by paying some extra charges.
Recent studies have shown, that most of the passengers, i.e., about two-third prefer ala-carte ticket, means they prefer paying the airline for desired services only. To maintain your travel budget, you must not pick the services that are not essential or needed by you.
Make sure to book Manchester park and ride services in advance to secure an appropriate parking slot ahead of your departure date.
Photo by JC Gellidon on Unsplash
To get rid of unwanted airline costs, keep a note of below tips:
- Carry out a detailed search about the airline before booking your flight ticket. Prefer booking the airline that is offering minimum check-in luggage fee and ticket change option without any additional costs. It’s rather tricky to pick such airlines and only smart ones will make the perfect decision
- If you are having more than one credit card, only make the payment from the card that is affiliated with your chosen airline. This will help you to get rid of pesky fee
- Never over-pack your checked-in luggage as you might have to pay an extra 40$-75$ in case it crosses the allowance limit
- If you booked a refundable ticket, that can be very convenient, but keep in mind they are pricey too. Hence, you should consider booking a non-refundable ticket, but in that case, you must carefully choose your travelling dates, as any changes in the later stage can cost you an extra 100$. Within 24 hours of ticket reservation, you can make any change without additional cost.
- Most of the airlines are offering free snack boxes and bistro-styled meals. If you do not prefer taking snacks with you on the plane, consider booking one of such airlines.
Book cheap airport parking deals in advance at Smart Travel Deals, while looking for long term parking arrangements for your car.